Tracey provides oversight and coordination for processes around CORE’s proposals. She joined the company in April 2014, after 12 years in a variety of Ministry of Education roles, and in secondary teaching prior to that.
Before joining CORE, Tracey performed various project management roles within the MOE, and, more recently, projects associated with the New Zealand Curriculum and how we can better support at-risk, priority learners in our system. She is passionate about finding workable solutions for our educators in the classroom, and improving all levels of support in their work.
Tracey is keen to continue CORE’s growth through lifting the company’s performance and reputation to an even higher level. Producing consistently high quality proposal documentation for all clients is one of her key targets, as is broadening the base of CORE’s work across other government sectors.
- Knowledge and understanding of the current educational landscape in key government priority areas — how to simplify the machinery of government, and relate this effectively to the task at hand.
- Sound knowledge of the New Zealand Curriculum, and how this teaching and learning works ‘on the ground’ for our young people.
- Experience in navigating government procurement processes accompanied by strong quality assurance, writing and review skills.
- A demonstrated ability to work effectively across schools, various government departments and at an individual level — a skilled communicator with many different audiences.
- Designing workable processes and systems for others to follow, as evidenced by her previous project management roles in government.
My years of experience in the classroom and years working in government have placed me in a fantastic position to add value to the work of CORE Education. I really enjoy working between suppliers and skilled colleagues within CORE, creating workable solutions that will improve service delivery and education outcomes for young people in our system. My healthy work – life balance living on a lifestyle block means that I can simultaneously engage my passions for gardening, the arts and family life to ‘keep it all real’!