Prior to joining CORE, Ara has worked alongside schools and their communities to provide specialist support in her role as a Resource Teacher of Learning and Behaviour (RTLB). Using evidence based practices and a culturally responsive lens, Ara has been able to support teachers and leaders on creating positive and inclusive environments to prepare students for their futures.
Ara has also supported schools on their wellbeing journey, both as an RTLB and in private practice.
Ara has extensive experience both as a Professional mentor for beginning teacher training in the UK where she was responsible for both mentoring and creating learning development opportunities for student teachers and as a learning facilitator at secondary level.
Staff and student wellbeing
- Develop systems through the use of appreciative inquiry processes to support staff and student wellbeing
- Develop a shared vision to combine the Science of Positive Psychology with best practice teaching and learning to support students and school wellbeing through a strength’s based approach
- Support the integration of Mindfulness and Social and Emotional practices within teaching and Learning
- Support the integration and strengthening of students Resiliency toolkits
Special Education Support
Successfully supporting learning communities to:
- Support and develop processes, systems, culturally responsive and inclusive practices for successful special education monitoring and development within school.
- Advice and support on specific special education needs and IEP’s within the school setting
- Facilitate the use of UDL practices
Mentoring and Coaching
- Supporting leaders to develop their coaching capabilities
Professional body membership
New Zealand Association of Positive Psychology (NZAPP)
International Positive Psychology Association (IPPA)
2019 Positive Education - open conversation series - Coaching for Wellbeing and Growth
2017 Inaugural Positive Education Conference Christchurch – Mindfulness
2014 RTLB Conference Wellington, Art that sticks! A personal inquiry
“Other people matter”.
With gratitude, I love the work I do in learning and sharing with and from others. To support our tamariki in striving to be the best possible versions of themselves.