Nicholas is a learning designer, online educator, and content developer. He currently works as an eTeacher for the ACCELL programme, where he designs and delivers online courses for migrant and refugee students in schools around New Zealand. He also writes and produces content for Enabling eLearning, a website dedicated to supporting schools and teachers improve their practise with digital technology.
Before joining CORE Education in 2015, Nicholas worked as an academic English instructor at Özyeğin University in Istanbul. He also taught ESOL, English, and art in Australian high schools.
- Instructional design: In his work with the ACCELL team, Nicholas uses a range of digital learning tools to design engaging, effective experiences for learners.
- TESOL: Nicholas has a Masters in TESOL and several years of experience teaching English language learners.
- Content writing: Nicholas has written and published professional learning content on a range of topics and trends, such as STEAM, Design thinking, Makerspaces, and Place-based education.
- Video production: Nicholas has worked with videographers to produce educational content showcasing innovative learning in schools across New Zealand.
Conference presentations and workshops
- 2017: Design your own remote learning lesson using virtual comms and Google Apps, uLearn17.
- 2019: Using digital technologies to support English language learners, Pūtaringamotu Kāhui Ako.
What excites me about being a teacher is having the chance to create new and engaging experiences for learners – experiences that offer exploration and play alongside knowledge-building.