||Full time, 37.5 hours per week
||Contract/Temp until mid October 2019
||9am Monday 22nd July 2019
|Tentative Interviews dates:
||23-26th July 2019
- An exciting opportunity to work on the education sector’s largest conference
- 3-month contract, immediate start, full-time preferred
- Auckland based with the ability to work from home and office
- Must be available to attend an event in Rotorua, October 8-11, 2019 (accommodation, travel, food etc provided by CORE)
CORE Education is a forward-thinking and values driven organisation and we are seeking an Events Specialistto join our Events Team.
Working in a small team, you will help implement the most anticipated event on the education sector calendar, uLearn19, as well as supporting the implementation of key partner events.
To be considered for this role, you will be an experienced events specialist with a broad background of skills in events management. This position has creative vision coupled with the hands-on project management and execution skills necessary for delivering a very large event as a member of a team.
Personal profile, experience and skills required
- An appropriate events related qualification preferred
- Recent successful experience in event organisation
- Being trained in EventsAir is an advantage
- 5+ years experience in eventing
- Underpins all practice with culturally responsive behaviours and attitudes
- Principled and ethical with a high level of integrity
- An open, friendly and collaborative approach
- Strong relationship building capabilities and interpersonal skills
- Is resilient and agile with a can-do attitude and plenty of energy
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Coordinate and monitor all delegated aspects of the events, including project plans, budget tracking, timelines and logistics, ensuring appropriate processes and strategies are applied
- Ensure events are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget, applying quality assurance and risk management processes and ensuring issues are raised when appropriate
- Attend uLearn19 (Rotorua, 8-11 October)
- Take responsibility as part of a team for on-site delivery of the event as required including coordinating resources
- Ensure all communications are effective, timely and of a high standard
- Maintain effective relationships and engagement with clients, sponsors, partners, third parties/vendors, stakeholders and event delegates
- Ensure all insurance, legal, health and safety obligations are adhered to
- Maintain accurate, complete and timely work records using COREs agreed tools and processes.
How to Apply
Please see links below for the relevant role description and application for appointment form visit.
Application for Appointment Form
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will require a covering letter, CV and application for appointment form.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.