Talofa lava, Kia orāna, Mālō e lelei, Fakaalofa lahi atu, Bula vinaka, Namaste, Taloha ni, Halo ola keta, Mauri.
Are you curious about how you, your centre or school, can best support Pasifika learners? Do you have an innovative approach that could help promote effective and equitable teaching and learning for Pasifika learners? If so, read on!
As part of its charitable awards and scholarships, CORE Education offers an annual allocation to support teachers whose hearts are in Pasifika education, from early childhood education to senior secondary.
2020 Pasifika Education Grant
The CORE Education Pasifika Grant provides support for:
- undertaking a new teacher inquiry or project; or
- an existing project aimed at bringing about change in early childhood education (ECE) or classroom practice for the benefit of Pasifika learners.
This award is open to teachers who are currently employed in early childhood services, primary, or secondary schools in New Zealand.
What we ask of you in return
- A commitment to the project and improving outcomes for Pasifika learners and their communities
- The successful applicant(s) will be supported to share the results of their inquiry through one (or some) of the following:
- Presenting at uLearn20
- CORE Education’s blog
- A short written or video summary suitable for publication on the CORE website.
Additionally, we may ask you to support us to showcase your project, and its outcomes for publication via EDtalks.
You will be required to provide regular updates on progress with your inquiry/project. We will keep this simple and brief. Details will be negotiated on a case-by-case basis with each successful applicant.
Applications opening in Term 4
Applications for the 2020 Pasifika Education Grant will be opening in Term 4, 2019. Please subscribe to our emails to receive a notification when this occurs.
Note: Applicants must be currently employed by an early childhood centre, school or kura to apply for the Pasifika Education Grant.