Applications for this tour have closed.
CORE is pleased to invite you to join a group of educators on a tour of modern learning environments in Melbourne, Australia in March 2015.
Who is this tour for?
This tour is for those who are:
- Involved in building a new school
- Re-developing an existing school
- Interested in finding out more about the relationship between modern approaches to teaching and learning; and the design of buildings and spaces that support this.
What will you learn?
- Visit MLEs that have been built in the state of Victoria over the past ten years, providing an opportunity to assess the things that are enduring and those that are not.
- See examples of MLEs built for different groups: primary, secondary, state, state-integrated, and private.
- Visit the Department of Education in Victoria and hear from officials there about their visions for MLEs and the processes they’ve used to develop these.
- Visit an example of whole-community development, with several schools in one region being developed as a cluster.
- Hear from experts in the Department of Architecture at the University of Melbourne on the latest thinking about building design for schools.
How will you learn?
This tour is designed as a learning experience. It is more than just a series of visits and observations. We’ve scheduled time and activities to process what we see to ensure that each participant returns with the information and connections they need to inform the work back in their own context.
This will occur through:
- Pre-tour preparation and briefings
- Briefings at the beginning of each day
- Facilitated reflections at the end of each day
- A shared, online environment for session summaries, photos, documents, and links
Your guides for this tour will be:
- Dr Julia Atkin — Dr Atkin has extensive experience as an education consultant who has worked on the design teams for many of the schools in our schedule.
- Mark Osborne — Mark was previously the Deputy Principal at Albany Senior High School, an MLE built recently in New Zealand. He visited many of these Australian schools as part of a planning process for the construction of Albany.
- Key staff within the Victorian Department of Education will also support us.
March 16–20 2015
The tour will start with a meeting of participants at a specified hotel on Sunday March 15 at 7pm and will end mid-afternoon on Friday March 20 2015.
The package includes:
- Five nights accommodation (including breakfast)
- Transport to and from school visits
- Koha for all school visits
- Support from key educators during the tour
- Dinner on the final night (Thursday)
Cost: $4,970 (GST incl) per person
NOTE: This package does not include airfares to or from Melbourne. It is the responsibility for participants to book and pay for their own airfares to Melbourne. It is expected participants will fly into Melbourne by Sunday evening and book flights out after 5pm on Friday.
There is a minimum of 16 participants required for this tour to proceed
Applications for this tour have closed. If you would like to register your interest in our next MLE tour, contact Mary Anne Mills (details below)
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions
For more information contact:
Mary Anne Mills
021 823 955