Modern Learning has become a mecca of acronyms - MLE, MLP, FFL, ILE. We believe Modern Learning is about learner agency, developing capabilities and relationships between learners and their teachers. It’s about working together to solve the problems of the future, the exciting new possibilities we haven't even thought of in our rapidly changing world.
CORE understands how to incorporate the boldness, flexibility, creativity, challenge, and complexity of Modern Learning into curriculum and environments.
We work with you to re-think learning – teaching in innovative, transformative ways, so all learners are deeply engaged with their learning and the world around them.
For personalised discussion speak to one of our facilitators or expert partners.
Modern Learning Environment Planning Matrix
Modern Learning Environment (MLE) is a term used to refer to ‘the places where learning happens’. This includes traditional school/centre buildings as well as the learner’s home, community spaces and virtual (online) environments.
This matrix has been created to assist school/centre leaders to prepare for the creation of modern learning environments, whether as part of a re-development of an existing school/centre, or when building a new facility.
There are three sections to the matrix:
1. MLE dimensions - focusing on the structural aspects of the MLE that will need to be addressed.
2. Process elements - focusing on the critical areas to be considered around the process to be followed to achieve this.
3. Success measures - the ‘filters’ by which the MLE may be evaluated as being ‘future focused’.
Across the rows there are five phases to be considered:
1. Visioning - exploring the bigger question of ‘why’, and exploring what’s possible.
2. Scoping - doing the homework on what needs to be done before making a commitment to planning.
3. Planning - detailed planning of all aspects, including buildings, curriculum, professional learning etc.
4. Implementation - making it happen, ensuring alignment, meeting milestones etc.
5. Maturity/sustainability - ensuring the outcome will endure and continue to support modern learning well into the future.
The questions in each cell act as prompts for the sorts of thinking that needs to be done at this stage for each dimension.