A great ‘beginners’ guide to te reo Māori - not just speaking and writing, but how to teach it to others and use it authentically in your setting. This programme explores the basics and you will have the opportunity to engage and discuss content with facilitators and other students in online forums and attend face-to-face hui.
By the end of this online programme, participants will be able to:
- explore and apply correct pronunciation of te reo Māori.
- apply teaching and learning strategies to use in their practice.
- use technology to support their Te Reo Māori programme.
Who is this for
Anyone who is keen to increase their confidence in te reo Māori and wants support in incorporating it in their personal or work setting.
This 8-10 week online programme includes:
- One face-to-face hui to begin the programme - these are typically run in Christchurch and Wellington. However, the July 2019 programme face-to-face hui will be held in Auckland (Face-to-face hui can be negotiated based on the number of participants enrolling from your setting. Options such as after school hui and coming to your town can be catered for based on the number of participants).
- Weekly 45 minute virtual hui - these are recorded so can be attended live or accessed in your own time.
July 2019 programme face-to-face hui dates:
- 23 July 2019, 8.00am-12.00pm - CORE Education office, Unit G18, 23 Edwin Street, Mt Eden, Auckland
July - September 2019 virtual hui dates and times:
- 1 Te whakahua - Monday 29 July, 4.30-5.15pm
- 2 Reo mihi, kete kupu - Monday 5 August, 3.30-4.15pm
- 3 Te reo o te tari - Monday 12 August, 4.30-5.15pm
- 4 Te reo hui - Monday 19 August, 3.30-4.15pm
- 5 Reo whakanui - Monday 26 August, 3.30-4.15pm
- 6 Hei reo kōrero - Monday 2 September, 4.30-5.15pm
- 7 Whakataukī, kīwaha - Monday 9 September, 3.30-4.15pm