Judith is a business, policy and process analyst with experience in business development and change management (including system up-grades and opportunity scoping). She has developed proposals, plans, status reports as well as supporting resources and collateral which reflect business, compliance and Quality Manage System (ISO) requirements.
She has worked in the industry and trades training sector and contributed to blended-learning solutions and learning pathways for active and restless learners. She has taught at secondary level and project managed the delivery of emergency response training for young people in the Wellington region.
Judith spent ten years working in Parliament and is familiar with mechanisms of government decision-making. She has also worked in the NGO environment in partnership and strategic roles.
- Mapping operational and support processes which reflect business and compliance requirements
- Identifying, scoping and quantifying opportunities, risks and options
- Writing, editing and redacting documents in plain-English for internal and external stakeholders (including learning and strategic resources)
- Project scoping, proposal development and risk monitoring
- Analysing political and education sector influences and trends which contribute to an understanding of collaborative projects and solutions
- Change and transition planning including training plans for teams undertaking system upgrades and process reviews
- Monitoring task completion in conjunction with strategic oversight in a changing or emerging context
- Collaborative problem-solving and solution development.
Volunteer and professional body membership
- 2001-present: Paekakariki Volunteer Fire Brigade, Senior Firefighter.
- 2016-18: Director, Board of United Fire Brigades Assoc.
- 2014-15: Volunteer Sustainability Reference Advisory Group, NZFS.
- 2013: Emergency Management Qual Review Working Group.
- 2009-15: Training Standards Committee, NZFS.
- 2014: Identifying effective engagement strategies for children and young people in the emergency response sector, UFBA Publications.
- 2005-08:Parenting and politics column, Kiwi Parent.
Conference presentations, seminars and workshops
- 2015: Engaging youth in emergency services - Australasian Fire and Emergency Services Authority Council (AFAC) Conference, Adelaide, Australia.
- 2014: Engaging children and teenagers in emergency services: learning from the CFA experience - United Fire Brigades Association Conference.
Awards, fellowships and scholarships
- 2014: NZ Fire Brigades Institute Scholarship, study tour of CFA (Country Fire Authority, Australia).
Contributing to learning solutions for future-focused learners within the evolving educational landscape is motivating. I believe learning is as much about building individual and community resilience as it is about addressing and enabling educational achievement.
I am married with two children and live on the Kapiti Coast. I read and write fiction to unwind and explore possibilities, and I enjoy gardening and ocean swimming.