Christina has a wide range of educational experience that combines innovation with her abiding interest in curriculum development and designing online communities.
Since joining CORE, Christina has established New Zealand Curriculum Online the development of CORE’s Curriculum Support Resources programme, and set up CORE’s new Auckland workplace.
In October 2012, Christina joined the CORE Senior Leadership Team as the Manager of Innovation and research. In this role she provides leadership, support and coordination of a range of initiatives to grow innovation and research across the organisation. CORE’s mission “Pushing the boundaries of educational possibilities for all” is our call to action for doing things differently and doing different things. Innovating requires identifying problems that matter and finding solutions that make a positive difference. She is leading CORE’s new approach to research to grow CORE’s capability and capacity and foster knowledge mobilisation.
Christina has a background in teaching, educational publishing and developing online communities, both in secondary and primary contexts.
Christina is able to provide professional development or consultancy services in the following areas:
- Broadening access to curriculum information and resources
- Making connections and developing relationships
- Designing user-friendly, inclusive online environments
- Digital storytelling
Professional body memberships
- NZC Implementation Steering Group (MOE), Member (Present)
- ANZFSSA (2000-2007); Regional Representative (2000-2007)
- Auckland War Memorial Museum Reference Group (2006-2008)
- Auckland Social Studies Association Co-Chair (2004-2007)
Conference presentations, seminars and workshops
- Implementing a co-constructed 21st century Curriculum as a national project. ICTLT Conference, Singapore, March 2010
- Five great curriculum resources - New Zealand Curriculum Online. Workshop at Learning@School Conference, February 2010
- Questions about key competencies. Workshop at Learning@School Conference, February 2010
- Curriculum stories, Workshop at Learning@School Conference, February 2010
- NZC Online 101, Learning@School Conference, February 2009
- The principles - Foundations of curriculum design making, Workshop presented at ULearn Conference, 2009
- New Zealand Curriculum Online, Hamilton Principal’s Association, 2009
Innovation is the work of everyone in education if we are to transform the great challenges of equity, inclusion and social justice.