What is in it for you and your students?
The CORE Education Pasifika Grant provides you with support to undertake a new teacher inquiry or project, or support for an existing project aimed at bringing about change in early childhood education (ECE) or classroom practice, for the benefit of Pasifika learners. This award is open to teachers who are currently employed in early childhood services, primary, or secondary schools in New Zealand.
- A commitment to the project and improving outcomes for your Pasifika learners and their communities.
- The successful applicant(s) will be supported to share the results of their inquiry through one, or some, of the following:
Additionally, we may ask you to support us to showcase your project, and its outcomes for publication via EDtalks.
You will be required to provide, regular updates on progress with your inquiry/project. We will keep this simple and brief. Details will be negotiated on a case-by-case basis with each successful applicant.
If this sounds like you, here are the next steps:
- Complete the online application form. Make sure you have the approval of the centre/school management and have their support to undertake this inquiry/project.
- You may submit a video as part of your application, but this is not compulsory. If you do, remember to include the link on your application form.
- Send any supporting material that you would like to add to your online application to email@example.com
Criteria for selection
Your application will be considered in relation to these criteria:
- The potential of the inquiry or project to address a gap in current knowledge and practice addressing Pasifika learners.
- The potential of the inquiry or project to enrich Pasifika learners and communities.
- The potential to ignite significant change in effective teaching and learning for Pasifika learners.
- Evidence of the applicant(s) experience or potential in:
- innovation or leadership in Pasifika teaching and learning
- leadership or engagement in Pasifika networks
- leadership or engagement in the promotion of Pasifika languages and cultures
- designing teaching approaches or focusing an inquiry into a contemporary educational issue.
- deep engagement with Pasifika students and their communities
- The application answers all questions and is received by the closing date.
The selection panel
- The panel will include a minimum of two CORE Education representatives and one Pasifika community adviser.
- CORE Education may co-opt other members onto the panel if necessary.
- The panel's decision is final.
Applications must be received by 7 September 2018 to be eligible for selection.
The grant recipient(s) will be notified by 21 September 2018. This grant is awarded for the duration of up to a year from the time the awards are announced i.e January 2019 - December 2019.
The financial allocation must be received by the centre or school named in the application. No money can be awarded to an individual.